HEALTH BENEFITS OF GULKAND: Honey Gulkand is used to calm the heat (Pitta) in the body. It is consumed to treat constipation in children, pregnant women and adults, mouth ulcers, acidity, hot flashes during menopause, high fever, nosebleeds, burning sensation on hands and feet and prevent advancement of hemorrhoids/piles. Due to the presence of honey, Honey Gulkand is rich in carbohydrates, amino acids, enzymes, organic acids, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals. has excellent antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
1. Spread on toast or paratas.
2. Make desserts that require Gulkand.
3. Consume one teaspoon everyday as is.
4. Add a teaspoon of Gulkand in milk and consume.
5. If a adult is suffering from hemorrhoids or piles, in addition to regular treatment by a mdedical practitioner, consume two teaspoons of Honey Gulkand, twice a day, two hours after food with room temperature water or milk.
CRYSTALLISATION: If the Honey Gulkand crystallises, it will be due to the pure raw honey used. Crystallisation of raw honey depends primarily on the ratio of glucose and fructose in the honey. It is the glucose in the raw honey that converts to crystals given the right time and external temperature. Enjoy your crystallised Gulkand as is. If you must soften the Gulkand, keep the jar in warm water.
RAW and UNPROCESSED: The Honey Company™ raw honey is extracted from the honey comb part of the hive, leaving the rest of the hive safe and unharmed. The raw honey is strained through a sieve to separate debris and then bottled. You may find tiny specks in your honey and that would be pollen and honeycomb debris. This is an indication that your honey isn’t subjected to filtration or heat. The Honey Company™ raw honey is exactly as the bees made them; just pure honey. This means that the raw honey is unfiltered, unheated, untreated, unpasteurised, unadulterated with any additives like invert sugar, HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) or anything else for that matter.
FLAVOUR: The viscosity, flavour, fragrance and colour of genuine raw honey is unique to the floral source, the climate of the region, age of the honey andamp; its composition. The same honey varietal may display variations in colour and taste depending on the above mentioned factors.
CRYSTALLISATION: The Crystallisation of genuine raw honey depends primarily on the ratio of glucose and fructose in the honey. It is the glucose in the raw honey that converts to crystals given the right time and external temperature. Honey with high glucose content like Mustard Honey crystallises quickly, and honey with higher fructose content like Acacia Honey doesn’t crystallise for a long time. Enjoy your crystallised raw honey as is. If you must soften the honey, keep the jar in warm water.
- To experience the health benefits of The Honey Company™ raw honey, consume the honey as is, without adding it to hot water or milk. If you must mix the honey in then make sure that the beverage is lukewarm.
- Due to its high carbohydrate content, Honey is a natural and one of the most effective energy boosters, making it an excellent source of energy for people who are physically active especially in athletics and sport. The glucose in honey provides an instant surge of energy as it is absorbed quickly by the body and the fructose is absorbed slowly therefore providing a more consistent release of energy.
- Raw honey is known to stabilise imbalance in blood sugar and blood pressure and strengthening the immune system.
- It is recommended to enhance gastric, respiratory, liver, skin and teeth health. Some of the honeys are said to be ideal for bone and eye health.
- Raw honey is rich in carbohydrates, amino acids, enzymes, organic acids, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals.
- The presence of phytonutrients imparts excellent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to the honey.
- Its antioxidant properties protects body cells against damage, caused by free radicals which cause diseases like cancer.
HONEY AS A SWEETENER: If you are buying The Honey Company™ raw honey varietal as a sweetener primarily to replace your table sugar, then you need to know the following:
Honey is sweeter than sugar. So general rule of thumb would be 3/4 cup honey = 1 cup sugar. All honeys are not suitable to pair with food. Ideally lighter honeys such as Acacia, Clover, Lychee, Rosewood are great for tea, coffee, salads and as spreads an topping for fruits, cheese, desserts and Indian sweets that require soaking in syrup like jalebis and jamuns. Some dark honey can be enjoyed paired with food. To know more visit The Honey Company™ blog link. One of the blog post has the honey andamp; food pairing chart.