Honey Gulkand is an aromatic, deliciously sublime rose petal preserve made from the petals of the Damask Rose preserved in raw, unfiltered Honey. This spread is a must have in every household as a lip smacking alternative to regular sugar based jams and spreads. Honey Gulkand can be eaten on its own or added to smoothies, yogurt, or cereal. It also makes a great addition to any breakfast or snack, and can help you feel refreshed and energized throughout the day. Try adding a teaspoon of Honey Gulkand to your morning yogurt or smoothie for a quick and healthy boost of energy.
In the heat of summer, Honey Gulkand can have a cooling and soothing effect on those sultry days and nights.
Honey Gulkand has many health benefits, including:
- It is a good source of B vitamins, which are essential for energy production
- Honey Gulkand is a rich source of antioxidants which help fight free radicals and protect the body from their damaging effects.
- The high vitamin C content in Honey Gulkand helps boost immunity and protect against infections.
- Honey Gulkand also helps improve digestion as it contains digestive enzymes that help break down food particles.
- The phenolic compounds present in Honey Gulkand have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the body. It also contains flavonoids, which have anti-inflammatory properties
- Honey Gulkand is a natural energizer and helps improve stamina and energy levels.
- Honey Gulkand is used to calm the heat (Pitta) in the body.
- It is consumed to treat constipation in children, pregnant women and adults, mouth ulcers, acidity, hot flashes during menopause, high fever, nosebleeds, burning sensation on hands and feet and prevent advancement of hemorrhoids/piles.
Some common uses include:
- Spread on toast or paratas.
- Make desserts that require Gulkand.
- Consume one teaspoon everyday as is.
- Add a teaspoon of Gulkand in milk and consume.
- If an adult is suffering from hemorrhoids or piles, in addition to regular treatment by a medical practitioner, consume two teaspoons of Honey Gulkand, twice a day, two hours after food with room temperature water or milk.
CRYSTALLISATION: If the Honey Gulkand crystallises, it will be due to the pure raw honey used. Crystallisation of raw honey depends primarily on the ratio of glucose and fructose in the honey. It is the glucose in the raw honey that converts to crystals given the right time and external temperature. Enjoy your crystallised Gulkand as is. If you must soften the Gulkand, keep the jar in warm water.
STORAGE: Keep your precious jar of Honey Gulkand in a cool, dark place. Use a dry spoon to scoop the Gulkand and screw the cap back on tight. Do not refrigerate.
ADVICE FOR DIABETICS: Please consult your doctor/dietician to decide on the inclusion of honey into your recommended carbohydrate intake and stay true to the prescription.
ALLERGY ADVICE: If you are allergic to honey or pollen, speak to your allergist to figure out if you can consume raw honey and in what quantity.
HONEY & BABIES: Honey shouldn’t be given to children below the age of 12 months.