HEALTH BENEFITS OF GULKAND: Honey Gulkand is used to calm the heat (Pitta) in the body. It is consumed to treat constipation in children, pregnant women and adults, mouth ulcers, acidity, hot flashes during menopause, high fever, nosebleeds, burning sensation on hands and feet and prevent advancement of hemorrhoids/piles. Due to the presence of honey, Honey Gulkand is rich in carbohydrates, amino acids, enzymes, organic acids, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals. has excellent antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
1. Spread on toast or paratas.
2. Make desserts that require Gulkand.
3. Consume one teaspoon everyday as is.
4. Add a teaspoon of Gulkand in milk and consume.
5. If a adult is suffering from hemorrhoids or piles, in addition to regular treatment by a mdedical practitioner, consume two teaspoons of Honey Gulkand, twice a day, two hours after food with room temperature water or milk.
CRYSTALLISATION: If the Honey Gulkand crystallises, it will be due to the pure raw honey used. Crystallisation of raw honey depends primarily on the ratio of glucose and fructose in the honey. It is the glucose in the raw honey that converts to crystals given the right time and external temperature. Enjoy your crystallised Gulkand as is. If you must soften the Gulkand, keep the jar in warm water.
STORAGE: Keep your precious jar of Honey Gulkand in a cool, dark place. Use a dry spoon to scoop the Gulkand and screw the cap back on tight. Do not refrigerate.
ADVICE FOR DIABETICS: Please consult your doctor/dietician to decide on the inclusion of honey into your recommended carbohydrate intake and stay true to the prescription.
ALLERGY ADVICE: If you are allergic to honey or pollen, speak to your allergist to figure out if you can consume raw honey and in what quantity.
HONEY & BABIES: Honey shouldn’t be given to children below the age of 12 months.